The AAIU has limited investigative resources to meet the on-going demand to investigate all accidents, serious incidents and incidents reported through the Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MOR’s) Safety Occurrence Tracking System (SOTS).
The following order of priority for the deployment of staff resources will be adopted:
- Passenger carrying public transport aircraft (fixed or rotary wing) with loss of life or serious injury.
- Non-passenger carrying public transport aircraft with loss of life.
- Significant non-fatal accidents (serious incidents) to public transport aircraft.
- Fatal and significant non-fatal accidents to other aircraft.
- Serious incidents, including any AIRPROX (likely to be Category A).
- Where a significant safety lesson can be learnt.